Post on March 19, 2020
We know that residents and voucher holders have a lot of questions about how Coronavirus is affecting our operations and programs. All of the government agencies we are in touch with are telling us the best thing people can do to slow the virus down is to stay home and avoid contact with other people. We’re doing our best to follow those directions while still providing safe, affordable housing to the people in our community who need us.
Here are some facts that everyone should know:
- We’ve shut down our central office and our satellite offices, but we haven’t stopped working. Our phones and email are working exactly the same as they do when we’re in the office.
- We know that people are worried. We are here to help.
- We are not concerned about our funding or being able to pay landlords, vendors, creditors or our staff.
- Everyone still has to pay their rent, but as always, should let us know right away if they’ve been fired, had work hours cut or lost benefits.
- No one will be evicted from their apartment or terminated from the voucher program until further notice.
- We are only accepting emergency work orders.
- We are disinfecting high traffic areas in all of our elderly/disabled properties three times a day.
- All common areas, group activities and events are cancelled.
- We are not issuing any new housing choice vouchers.
- Resident Self-Reliance participants living on the private market must use their subsidy to pay their rent. If you are a Resident Self-Reliance participant and your housing assistance is paid directly to you and you are experiencing a hardship due to a decrease in income you can submit a Safety Net application.
- These measures will remain in effect at least until April 3rd, at which time we’ll reevaluate and decide whether we can return to normal operations or keep these changes in effect longer.
Please know that we are doing everything we can to help keep our residents, voucher holders and staff safe. Keep checking back for updates in the coming days and weeks.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that may be helpful. Please stay home as much as you can and wash those hands!
Resident COVID FAQ Sheet
Voucher Holder COVID FAQ Sheet