|With high temperatures and humidity in the forecast, the City of Keene would like to remind residents of several things to be thinking about during this period:
- Limit time outside – if you do need to be outside apply sun screen frequently, wear light clothing, seek shaded areas, and stay hydrated!
- If you know an older neighbor or someone that may have difficulty getting around please check in on them – it is great opportunity to reconnect with your neighbors.
- If you have pets, please do not leave them in unventilated spaces or in vehicles. Temperatures can soar very quickly placing your family friend in a very dangerous situation. Pets should also have access to adequate water to help them stay cool.
If you are looking to get into a cool place:
- The City of Keene Public Library is open: Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM and Saturday 9:00 AM -1:00 PM. It is a great opportunity to get cool and start a new book!
- Keene City Pools (Located at Wheelock Park and Robin Hood Park) are open: Monday-Friday 1:00 PM – 6:45 PM and Saturday/Sunday 12:00 PM – 5:45 PM.
- Resident rates: ages 1-5: free, ages 6-17: $2.00 and 18+: $4
- Non Resident rates: ages 1-5: free, ages 6-17: $4.00 and 18+: $6
If anyone is having problems with the heat or trouble breathing they should contact emergency medical services through 911. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please call the Public Works office at 352-6550.